Friday, June 06, 2008

Is there a light in this tunnel?

The Good News: Our new windows are installed, the hardwood floors are all refinished, the interior painting is aaaaaaaalmost finished, and they finally managed to find a stain for the new wood panels in our den to match the old panels. Oh, and we've been showing Teddy and he's gotten a few more points toward his Championship!
The Bad News: Maybe 10% of the crap we have is in its rightful place... most of it is still piled on the floor or in the garage or out on the deck. Since the new windows are bigger than the old ones there isn't a window treatment in sight and we're relying on the ever-so-tasteful Hanging Bedsheet collection to avoid flashing the neighbors. And this week, the workers have been working in our only bathroom so the shower curtain is down and I'm really, really tired of washing my hair in the tub! That, and tired of not being able to find ANYTHING. Also, I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and then nearly ripped my big toenail off (same foot).
Excuse the pity party - things are really going quite well. But this is why I've been so absent lately. Hope things are going well with all of you!

No comments: