Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's beginning to feel like Christmas...

I've been in a horrible mood all day. It was EIGHTY F***KING DEGREES today!! On December the f***king fourteenth!!

For those of you who do not know me well, I am - shall we say - a warm-blooded individual. As in, I hate hot weather. I don't like warm weather. I'm not really all that fond of mild weather. I loooove cold weather, and snow makes me smile all over my face. I've been like this all my life but as I've gotten older and fatter and menopausal it has gotten - *ahem* - rather more pronounced.

Of course, I live in Texas, which is just an inch or two from the fires of Hell. Go figure.

Anyway, it was all I could do to restrain myself from turning the AC back on in the house today. I did turn it on in the car while running some errands, and it felt great. Only my desire to avoid contributing to Global Warming any more than necessary kept me from sitting in the car, in the driveway, with the engine running and the AC on high.

But tonight... tonight... a blessed Cold Norther has come to my rescue. The temp outside is already in the low '40s, and is going to fall into the '30s before morning and stay there. The wind chill tomorrow is predicted to be in the teens.

I can't wait!!!! (Rubbing my hands in glee). I may actually get to wear a jacket!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Windchill will go to at least -40F tonight. Ambient temps in the -teens. This is pretty much what we will see all of this week.

Enjoy the weather. We go to Texas every March for the IACP conference. It is a welcome break from the Minnesota weather!

Barb said...

Maybe I shouldn't complain so much :-)... although seriously, I would take a -40 wind chill over a 113 degree August day ANYTIME!
But Texas in March is usually pretty nice! Good time to come visit.